Wednesday, July 6, 2011

We drove down to Biscayne Cay to snorkel in Biscayne National Underwater Park.  If you ever get a chance to snorkel this area-- I highly recommend it!  It was amazingly colorful, full of fish, and one of the healthiest reefs I've ever seen!  The water clarity was fantastic as well.

Striped grunts and sea bass


There were fish everywhere!

The clorful fish is a Queen Angelfish



The fan coral was all over!

cleaner wrass

Some sort of damsel fish


Grey Angelfish


And to answer Maria's question-- Deerfield Beach in in Boca Raton on the Atlantic side

5 comments:

  1. These are so gorgeous and the water is beautiful! How awesome to be withing driving distance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pop of color in the 3rd photo down is amazing. What beautiful fish! I love snorkeling, so seeing these photos made me super jealous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the colors in these! Wish I had a place to snorkel nearby!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun! I've always wanted to try snorkling, but am a terrible swimmer. Did you get a water proof camera case?

    ReplyDelete