Friday, July 8, 2011

In all the times I've traveled to Florida, I had never been to the everglades.  We decided that this time we would go.  We booked an airboat tour.  Right now the Florida everglades are in a severe drought - 21 inches behind in rainfall for the year-- so a lot of it is dried up.  Then they had a huge fire the day before we arrived, so we were limited in where we could go.  Still, was one of the best experiences I've had.  I fell in love with the everglades and can't wait to go back!
This is a young Alligator-- probably 2 or 3 years old. 


These lilies open up at the same time each day and close up at the same time each day.  You can set your clock by them.


Great Egret




6 comments:

  1. After countless photo-clips of the Everglades (think CSI Miami) I've just never had the urge to visit - but it certainly looks like you had a good time and the animals were cooperative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been to the Everglades, either--it looks like a nature-lover's/wildlife-lover's paradise! By the way, drooling over your snorkeling photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My family has land/cabin in Okeechobee, but I haven't been to the Glades in years! I love these shots, especially the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would love to go through the Everglades - so beautiful - and so many beautiful animals!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think an air boat ride on the everglades sounds amazing. Your pictures make me feel like I'm there!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a neat tour. I don't think I've been to the Everglades either. I might have gone as a child, but don't remember. I like the perspective on your first shot, and I like the one of the bird flying and the reflection in the water!

    ReplyDelete